Maria Montessori suggests that an educational toy is one that stimulates learning by encouraging kids to experiment. It should be a toy that they can hold and touch, as learning to manipulate objects is key in helping children develop their fine motor skills.
Rudolf Steiner, the father of Waldorf educational philosophy, pays special attention to art and nature and its inherent connection to humanity. Steiner believed that a focus on art and nature in education would lead to a greater appreciation for the “beauty” of life.
The Make It Rain board combines the recommendations of the two most appreciated educational philosophies: create a handy educational tool (Montessori) that brings the child close to nature (Waldorf).
Front side activities: The front side represents the counting section, which shows the +1 progression of the numbers.
- An added value to this board is the reversible engraved clouds. There are 10 clouds, engraved from number 1 to 20. Use the 20 wooden balls to make it rain. Twisting the clouds is a fun activity for kids that will increase their interest. Besides this, manipulating clouds and balls (raindrops) develops fine motor skills. The clouds increase in colour intensity as the number grows, intuitively telling the kids there should be more raindrops. While learning math, this board also opens the opportunity to teachers and parents of explaining to children why it is raining, thus, adding to their vocabulary new words such as water droplets and particles, condense, vapor, liquid, ice, gravity, meteorological phenomenon, negative and positive temperatures, snow, hailstone, frost...
- Tracing numbers: The shapes of the numbers are engraved with curved grooves, offering a simple way of tracing the numbers by using a wooden pencil. Thereby, children will learn to correctly write the graphic elements of numbers, respecting the shapes, size, and proportions between the elements.
- Sensory play: Use coloured rice or playdough to fill in the engraved grooves of numbers.
Reverse side activities: The infinity symbol is a mathematical symbol representing the concept of infinity. In algebraic geometry, the figure is called a Lemniscate (meaning ribbon) by the ancient Greeks.
- Figure-eight activities (infinity symbol) are widely used in occupational therapies in the early education of children.
- Tracing or drawing infinity lines prepares children’s brains to be ready for learning and is considered to be a Neuro-trainer, designed to harmonize the work of all parts of the brain, strengthen interhemispheric interaction, form new neural networks in the brain and relieve emotional stress. Children will have the opportunity to improve their understanding of the concept of infinity. (infinity + any number = infinity)
- Whether the child uses the tracing pen to roll the balls or hold the board in hands and roll them round and round, joyful learning activity is guaranteed by this board that will keep children busy for long hours.
- Sensory play: Use coloured rice or playdough to fill in the engraved grooves of the infinity symbol.
What will your child learn and develop by using this board?
Learn to count
To add & Subtract
Learn even and odd numbers
Compare two numbers and find which is bigger and which is smaller
Learn about how the rain shower is formed, and the importance of the sun in it
Learns new weather-related words
Learns about infinity symbol and the concept of infinity
A nice introduction to basic concepts of geometry
Develops number sense, fine motor skills brain activity, enrich vocabulary.
Whether for play, observation, appreciation, scientific exploration, or other purposeful activity, the Make it Rain board by Pagalou Toys, is a must-have educational tool in the education of any child.
- 10 reversible and numbered clouds
- 22 pieces of natural wooden balls, 16 mm each.
- Two wooden tracing pencils to trace the lines of infinite symbols and numbers.
Manufactured in accordance with applicable toy safety legislation.
Made of beech wood, hand-painted with water & plant-based, child-safe certified stains. Sealed with all-natural linseed oil. They are non-toxic, and VOC-free (volatile organic compounds) and are tested and certified for the safety of children EN-71/3, which makes this toy safe for children. Board dimensions: 20 x 20 x 1.8 m. Product code: MIR.
WARNING. CHOKING HAZARD – Our Toys contain small parts. Not for children under 3 years. Please be advised that all the products sold by Pagalou Toys are intended only for the use of children three (3) years old and above. The products may contain small
parts that may be considered choking hazards for children below three (3) years old.
*For all our products we advise strict parental supervision. You understand and acknowledge that by purchasing products for children, it is the responsibility of the parent/s or legal guardian/s of the child to determine the appropriate and suitable products for their child. It is the sole responsibility of parent/s or legal guardian/s of
the child to provide age-appropriate and ability suitable toys for their child and to ensure the toys are cleaned and replaced when necessary.
*Adults must regularly check the contents of the playset for damage and assess which items are suitable for their child depending on their age and ability. It is the sole responsibility of the parent/caregiver to provide age-appropriate and ability suitable objects for their child and to ensure the objects are cleaned and replaced when necessary.
*Do not immerse in water.
*Keep the packaging out of the reach of children.